Check out this shoot I did with Mysha of @remingtonavenue. I’ll point out a few things Mysha did to make her shoot stand out and some suggestions to help yours turn out great:
- She ordered several amazing dresses, and picked her favorite. It’s hard to find clothes that fit right normally, so cut yourself a break when you’re expecting and order more than one. She also picked dresses that would show movement which added to the image. Hers also had gorgeous embroidery, which photographed really well. Anything that adds texture will be great for a photo shoot
- Her hair and makeup were amazing! If this isn’t your area of expertise, pay someone else to do it. Sometimes it’s hard to love our pregnant bodies (at least it was for me), so it’s nice to go the extra mile to make sure you feel beautiful.
- Pick an awesome location that you can envision yourself in. Mysha wanted stunning mountain views, so that’s what I delivered. There’s no right answer for this one, it could be your front porch if that’s what makes you happy.
- This seems kind of obvious, but just following though with the shoot is a win. I didn’t get a single maternity session done with my four babies, and hardly have any pictures of me pregnant. Document it, it’s an important time of life that you’ll want to remember! Even if you aren’t sure you have it all figured out….Just. Get. It. Done.
- Hire someone that knows how to pose you, so you’ll be happy with the way you look
That’s it, now go get your maternity pics done (if your pregnant). Cause if you’re not, that’d just be weird. LOL
Be the first to comment